The type of internet hosting wherein the client of a website hires the services of a third party to provide the lessee an internet server is termed as a dedicated server. A dedicated server is not shared with anyone else and is limited to the needs of the lessee. Often, various features are included as a part of dedicated server hosting such as hardware, bandwidth, routers, etc. There are many advantages to dedicated server hosting. Some of the biggest advantages are as follows:
- Good returns on investment: Due to the level of functionality and services that a dedicated web server offers, it is a good investment for websites that attract large audiences. The seamless experience gained on the website is ensured by third party dedicated servers. Therefore, for the money paid for the services, there are tangible returns involved.
- Good Security: Usually, servers offer dedicated hosting abilities that have industry-standard protocols when it comes to website hosting, including gold standards on security. Especially if you are running an e-commerce firm or organization, the security of your website (and thereby your customers or clients) must be maintained effectively. This can be achieved through cheap dedicated servers unmetered.
- Lower Additional Costs: lower additional costs, such as costs for the internet, cost for bandwidth, for routers, and tech support and troubleshooting can be achieved by hiring dedicated servers. This ties in with the previous point bringing higher returns to investment.
- Better performance: Better performance of both your website and your business is seen when companies enlist the services of a dedicated server, rather than when they choose to handle the operations themselves.
- More value for money: Usually, a variety of helpful and additional features are provided to the client apart from the server alone. Aspects such as customer support and tech support make the decision extremely prudent in terms of value for money.
- Ideal for websites with a large amount of traffic: For websites that have a large amount of traffic, having a dedicated web server is unnegotiable. It can be what sets apart a successful website from an unsuccessful one.